Monday, December 13, 2021

CINEMA OF THE 70s GOES APE!

Happy to receive my contributor's copy of CINEMA OF THE 70's #4 in time for a late-afternoon sunshine read. For this issue, I was thrilled to contribute the ten-page cover feature on the 1970s PLANET OF THE APES films, and the overall APES phenomenon of that decade (taking in the TV live-action and animated shows, comic books, merchandise, and more).

Other 70s cinema covered in this 100-page full-colour issue include THE DEEP (1977), HOOPER (1978), THE BROOD (1979), THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH (1970), BUG (1975), and many more, along with articles on cops in 70s British horror, and what looks to be an excellent piece on the 70s CARRY ON movies, written by David Michael Brown, which I intend to dig into straight away (I have also dug out my CARRY ON DVD box set, as I am sure I will be wanting to revisit some of them afterward).
Available now from Amazon in most countries.